Monday, June 18, 2018

I had a shoot and interview yesterday with Facial Care and Marie France, both of which are prestigious skin care and beauty centers which I'm lucky to be a part of for 4 years now. They asked me about my skin care regimen and a couple of tips on how to age gracefully. I couldn't help but laugh because I don't think I'm that old to give tips on aging! BUT I'll be 30 in 3 years and though a part of me dreads the idea of it, I guess I just have to stick with my healthy lifestyle so that I can somehow delay the physical signs of aging! Haha Let me share some simple yet very effective tips that your body will thank you in the long run.


1. Exercise regularly
I lead a very active lifestyle. I run, box, or do conditioning atleast 3-4x a week. Exercise is vital for slowing the effects of aging. Multiple studies have found that it can prolong life and reduce disability and diseases like cancer, diabetes, and stroke. 
Exercise does not have to be a brutal workout in a gymnasium, or running a marathon. A brisk 30-minute walk each day will ensure cardiovascular conditioning that gets your heart pumping oxygen and nutrients to your brain cells, so those cells sprout branches, communicate more effectively, and remain healthier longer. 
2. Eat a healthy, balanced diet
A good diet will not only boost your mental and physical health as you age, but will also help you look and feel good. It doesn’t mean avoiding foods and snacks you enjoy. You can still eat chips, chocolates, and other junk food as long as you do so in moderation. I also prefer having a cheat meal instead of cheating the entire day. 
3. Sleep
Getting less than 6 hours of sleep daily puts you at risk for a number of health and mental problems. When you lack sleep, you are depriving your body of time to rest, rebuild and restore. As a result, you put yourself more at risk for health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. 
4. Don't smoke and drink
Smoking is one of the main causes of premature aging. You are prone to dry skin, wrinkles, and dehydration. Smoking also increases your risk of heart and lung diseases. It's okay to drink alcohol as long as you do so moderately but what's considered as "moderate" changes as you get older. When you drink excessively, you're also putting yourself at risk for various diseases to the heart, liver, and brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment